Effective Date: August 29th, 2017
K7 Computing is a private limited company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956, hereinafter shall be referred to as "Company", "K7","We","Us","Our" and terms of similar meaning. K7 cares deeply about privacy, security, and online safety, all of which are a significant part of Our essential mission to protect users of Our products and services from the risks of theft, disruption, and unauthorized access to their online information and activities.
Why Do We Collect Information and Data?
We rely on a wide variety of information to run Our business. In some instances, this information may include data that could be used to identify a particular individual or an organization. In this Notice, We will provide multiple examples of how Personal Information We collect may be used and why it is important. Some of the reasons that We collect Personal Information include to:
- Provide Our products and services, including Our Apps and this Site, and improve them over time;
- Allow you to download and purchase products and services;
- Manage Our relationship with you, including introducing you to products or services that may be of interest to you or to provide customer support;
- Investigate, respond to, and manage inquiries or events;
- Work with and respond to law enforcement and regulators; and
- Research matters relating to Our business such as security threats and vulnerabilities.
What Kinds of Personal Information Do We Collect?
In order for You to access certain Services, We collect personal, non-personal and other information and correspondences from You, as detailed below, that We consider necessary for achieving this purpose (such information and correspondences hereinafter collectively referred to as"Information").
Personal Information:The following are examples of the type of Information that may be collected. The specific kind of information collected will depend on the Services used:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number);
- K7 Computing purchase or product/service use history;
- Account log-in credentials;
- Your location;
- Demographic information;
Non-Personal Information: In addition to the above, We may also collect other information Usage Data.
The following are examples of the type of Usage Data that may be collected by K7 Computing from Your web browser or related to Your interactions with Our products and services:
- Details about your computers, devices, applications, and networks (including IP address, browser characteristics, device ID, operating system, and language preferences);
- Activities on Our websites and usage patterns of products and services (including referring URLs, dates and times of website visits, and click stream data);
- Details about Internet, App, or network usage (including URLs or domain names of websites you visit, information about applications that attempt to access your network, or traffic data);
- Data about files and communications, such as potential malware or spam.
This data is used for statistical purposes as well as to help customize the user experience as you browse the Site and subsequently interact with K7 Computing. This helps us to understand which areas of the Site are of particular interest, which pages are not being requested, and how many people are visiting the Site in total. It also helps us and our partners to determine which products and services may be of specific interest to you.
How Do We Collect Information?
We collect information directly from you, as well as automatically through your use of Our Services.
Information Collected Automatically: When you use or interact with Our Site and Services, We receive and store information generated by your activity, like Usage Data, and other information automatically collected from your browser or mobile device. This information may include your IP address; browser type and version; preferred language; geographic location using IP address or the GPS, wireless, or Bluetooth technology on your device; operating system and computer platform; purchase history; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Site, including date and time; products you viewed or searched for; and areas of Our Site that you visited. We also may log the length of time of your visit and the number of times you visit and purchase or use the Services. We may assign you one or more unique identifiers to help keep track of your future visits.
Please see Our Cookie Notice for more information about the cookies and other similar technologies that We use.
How Do We Use Personal Information?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties Your Information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist Us in operating Our Services, conducting Our business, or servicing You. We may also release Your information when We believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce Our Site policies, or protect Ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Security and Threat Detection. By collecting and processing data, including Personal Information, K7 can help to predict threats and better protect You, Your devices, and Your Information. K7 may use Your information to:
- Analyze data sent to/from your device(s) to isolate and identify threats, vulnerabilities, suspicious activity, and attacks;
- Assess the reputation of a device or file to advise you on whether access should be granted;
- Participate in threat intelligence networks and conduct research and analysis, including market and consumer research and trend analysis; and
- Adapt products and services to respond to new threats.
We use reasonable security measures to protect Information from unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and help ensure the appropriate use of Information. When the Services are accessed using Internet Explorer version [9 and above] or later, Firefox version [15 and above] or later, or Safari or later, or Chrome or later, or Secure Socket Layer("SSL") such technology may protect Information using both server authentication and data encryption. We host Our Services in a secure server environment that uses firewalls and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into Our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential
Business Uses. In addition, We may use Personal Information for other business purposes, including to:
- Analyze users' behavior when using K7 Computing products and services to customize preferences;
- Establish and manage K7 Computing accounts;
- Collect and process payments and complete transactions;
- Provide customer support, manage subscriptions, and respond to requests, questions, and comments;
- Communicate about, and administer participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers and promotions;
- Enable posting on Our blogs and other communications;
- Customize, measure, and improve Our websites, products, services, and advertising;
- Analyze and develop new products, services, and websites;
- Perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities;
- Prevent, detect, identify, investigate, respond, and protect against potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behavior, and criminal activity;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, agreements, and policies;
- To improve Our Services;
- To enforce Our Terms;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Site, Our business, Services and users;
- We may disclose Information, in good faith, wherein the access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (ii) enforce applicable Terms, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (iv) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of the Company, its users or the public as required or permitted by law; and
- Additionally, in the event of an audit, reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), We may share/transfer/assign the Information We have collected to the relevant third party.
Processing as Part of the Services. We also process certain information as an integral part of Our Services. If you install or use one of Our products or services, software will operate in the background of your computer system or device environment to perform specific security and privacy tasks including:
- Spam protection;
- Virus protection;
- Intrusion detection, prevention, and protection;
- Threat prevention and prediction;
- Network defense;
- Back-up and recovery activities.
Product Updating and Reporting. Our products and Services may also process certain data to provide updates and reports. These update functions may check Your system to see whether files relating to the Services need to be refreshed or modernized. Products and Services may transmit report files to K7. These files contain information, including the number of checked, suspicious, infected, or unwanted files or emails, the number of infections, the date and hash values of the detected infections, and the number of false negatives/false positives. The purpose of these reports is to analyze the frequency of particular infections or the prevalence of threats. K7 also uses the information to adapt the product to conform to user preferences based on actual use.
When Do We Share Personal Information?
The time periods for which We retain Your Information depends on the purposes for which We use it. K7 will keep Your Information for as long as You are a registered subscriber or user of Our products or for as long as We have another business purpose to do so and, thereafter, for no longer than is required or permitted by law, reasonably necessary for internal reporting and reconciliation purposes, or to provide You with feedback or Information You might request. The Information We collect may be stored and processed in servers in the Cloud and wherever K7 and Our service providers have facilities around the globe.
In the India by calling us at +91 44 6611 7777 or by writing to us at:
K7 Computing Private Limited
Tower-B, TEK Meadows- 4th Floor,
No.51, Rajiv Gandhi Salai,
Chennai - 600119,
Tamil Nadu, India.
What Are Tracking Technologies?
Cookies are small files usually consisting of letters and numbers placed on Your computer, tablet, phone, or similar device, when You use that device to visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners and their service providers or partners to make their websites operate, work more efficiently, and provide analytic information
These are the different types of cookies used on Our Sites:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are required for the operation of Our Sites (for example, to enable You to log into secure areas of Our website or use a shopping cart). These cookies enable You to move around the Sites and use their features. Disabling these cookies will encumber the Sites' performance and may make the features and service unavailable.
- Analytics and Customization Cookies: These cookies allow Us to analyze activities on Our Sites and on other sites where We post content in order to improve and optimize the way Our Sites work. We may use these types of cookies to ensure that visitors can easily find the information they are looking for. One way We do this is to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how they move around a Site when they are using it. Analytics cookies also help Us measure the performance of Our advertising campaigns in order to help Us improve Our advertising campaigns and to optimize Our Sites' content for those who engage with Our advertising.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies are used to recognize You when You return to Our Sites. This enables Us to personalize Our content for You, greet You by name, and remember Your preferences (for example, Your choice of language or region).
- Advertising Cookies: These cookies record Your online activities, including Your visits to Our Sites, the pages You have visited, and the links and advertisements You have clicked. One purpose of this is to help make the content displayed on Our Sites more relevant to You. Another purpose is to allow delivery of advertisements or other communications to You that are designed to be more relevant to Your apparent interests. Delivery of interest-based advertising may involve Us, Our service providers and partners such as publishers, data management platforms, and demand side platforms. If You look at a page on one of Our Sites, We may cause an advertisement to be delivered to You, on Our Site or on other sites, for products referenced on that page or for similar products and services. We and Our service providers and partners may also append other data to information collected by these cookies, including information obtained from third parties, and share this information with third parties for the purpose of delivering ads to You.
- Flash Cookies: A flash cookie is a small data file placed on a computer using Adobe Flash or similar technology that may be built into Your computer or downloaded or installed by You to Your computer. We use these technologies to personalize and enhance Your online experience, facilitate processes, and personalize and store Your settings.. Flash cookies help Us Improve Our Sites by measuring which areas are of greatest interest to guests. They may be recognized by other sites or by Our marketing or business partners. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies and the cookie management tools provided by Your browser may not remove flash cookies. If You disable flash cookies or other similar technologies, please be aware that You may not have access to certain features and services that make Your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
- Web Beacon: A web beacon is a very small clear picture file used to keep track of Your navigation through a single website or a series of websites. They may also be referred to as "Web Bugs" or "Clear Gifs". Web Beacons may be used with cookies to gain an understanding of how a website's users navigate through the Site.
How Do We Collect and Use Other Information?
We may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Help Us and third parties obtain information about your visits to the Sites;
- Process Your orders;
- Analyze Your visiting patterns to improve Our Sites;
- Deliver advertising, communications, and content from Us, on Our Sites, specific to Your interests;
- Remember Your language and other preferences;
- Help You obtain information You are looking for;
- Provide a safe and secure service for online transactions;
- Measure how many people use Our Sites, and how they use them;
- To keep Our Sites running efficiently.
How Long Do Tracking Technologies Stay on My Device?
Some cookies will stay on Your device between browsing sessions they do not expire when You close Your browser. These cookies are called "persistent" cookies. The length of time a persistent Cookie stays on Your device varies from cookie to cookie. We and others use persistent cookies for a variety of purposes, such as to store Your preferences so that they are available for the next visit, and to keep a more accurate account of how often You visit Our Sites, how often You return, how Your use of the Sites may vary over time, and the effectiveness of advertising efforts.Other Cookies operate from the time You visit Our Site to the end of that particular web browsing session. These cookies expire and are automatically deleted when You close Your internet browser. These cookies are called "session" cookies.
Other Cookies operate from the time You visit Our Site to the end of that particular web browsing session. These Cookies expire and are automatically deleted when You close Your Internet browser. These Cookies are called "session" Cookies.
Who Puts Tracking Technologies on My Device?
Cookies may be placed on Your device by K7 as the Site operator. These cookies are called "first party" cookies. Some cookies may be placed on Your device by a party other than K7. These cookies are called "third-party" cookies.
Cookies also allow Us and third parties to know when You visit Our Sites, and to understand how You interact with emails, advertisements, or other content. Through Cookies, aggregate and other information not identifying individual users (such as Your operating system, browser version, and the URL You came from, including from emails and advertisements) may be obtained and used to enhance Your experience and understand traffic patterns. This technology counts the number of users who visit a particular service from specific banner advertisements outside the K7 Site or who clicked on links or graphics included in email newsletters received from K7. It is also used as a tool to compile aggregated statistics about how K7 Sites are used, to perform analytics and help Us to optimize Our Sites, and to help serve You advertising based on Your interests, as described in further detail below.
How Does K7 Computing Use Online and Mobile Advertising?
We and third parties, including technology partners, and service providers engage in interest-based advertising to deliver advertisements and personalized content that We and other advertisers believe will be of interest to You. To the extent third-party vendors are using Cookies to perform these services for Us, K7 Computing does not control the use of this technology or the resulting information, and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties. We identify some resources in this Notice (see "How do I Manage Tracking Technologies" below) that can help You.
Ads may be delivered to You based on Your online or mobile behavior (on K7 Computing Sites or other sites), Your search activity, Your responses to one of Our advertisements or emails, the pages You visit, your general geographic location, or other information. These ads may appear on Our Sites or on third-party websites. The technology partners with whom We work to help Us conduct interest-based advertising may be members of self-regulatory associations such as the You may also see advertisements for third parties on Our Sites or other websites or properties, based on Your visits to, and activities on, Our Sites and other sites.
How Do I Manage Tracking Technologies?
You can decide whether or not to accept cookies. One way You can do this is through Your internet browser's settings. Most Internet browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings (Please note that if You use Your browser settings to block all cookies You may not be able to fully use the Site.). You can find information online about how to manage cookies.